Friday, November 03, 2006


This month is my love’s Birthday. She’ll be turning…on the 24th. Discretion please! HA! It’s always a dilemma for me to try and figure out what it is I can do to make this years special day something different and out-of-the-ordinary. Last year it was 30 scarlet-red roses! Yes, that did the trick quite nicely I have to say! This year is coming around and I don’t seem to be able to think of anything…well there are the few gift ideas, but still none the seem to say, “Yes! That will do perfectly!”
Women will always tell you that it really doesn’t matter and that as long as it comes from the heart its fine…well, without meaning to be rude…I’d have to say, “rubbish and scrambled eggs”. It might be true, but, it just seems insufficient. I mean, come on! It’s the women I love, for Heaven’s sake!
Whenever I have done that, like a card with a poem I wrote, I got that sweet benign smile that was heart felt but just showed that much disappointment that told me not to do that again, if I could possibly help it-- And thankfully I have been able to help it! Ha!
I don’t mean this in any way to demean the card and poem, by no means; it is actually an enhancer to whatever else it might be that I have gotten for the occasion.
Oh well, I pray that when the time comes I will have thought of the perfect gift, or at least as close enough as I can get to perfect. I’ll keep my fingers are crossed and my eyes open!

3 Comments:

At 1:11 PM , Blogger Czech it out! said...

Why don't you give her a ticket to Prague and I'll take care of the rest!! HEE HEE!...well..I actually want to say that you've been always the man who's always thoughtful of these little details (like romantic birthday gift)that women love...so I'm sure you'll come up with something cool! Love you!

 
At 8:22 PM , Blogger Gabe Rucker said...

"I mean, come on! It’s the women I love, for Heaven’s sake!"

You did mean "woman," right, JD?

 
At 2:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice picture.....Hanna ...you look great!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home