Wednesday, July 18, 2007

MATT AND MEL
I thought it was about time that I added something on our blog about my family. Being as it is that I have a large one this will be no easy task. But I will start off with My brother Matt, in Africa. He is the third in our numerous family. My sister Tina is the second, there will be blog on her soon...just need to find the right pics.
Right now he and his wife Melissa are with my parents in Germany recruiting members to go back with them to Africa. I admire them quite a bit! They have been there for a little more than four years now, pioneering and starting a work in Sierra Leon. Africa, isn't the easiest mission field and not everyone is called to be a part of that work; yet, through many battles with sickness, accidents, power-outages, civil unrest, etc. my brother has proven that where there is a will there is a way! And I am very proud of him for what the Lord has been able to accomplish through him on that needy mission field.
Anyway if anyone out there feels a tug on their heart's strings for Africa, or more specifically, Sierra Leon, you know whom to write! Ha!

Matt and Mel

The entire family



I do believe my parents have a picture like this of my sister, my brother and me when we were little, in the back of our very old Mercedes van. I should ask them for it and have a side-by-side display.




Its an older one but it was a cute picture of them all so i thought I would add it.

4 Comments:

At 1:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I didn't know that Matt was your brother. I don't know them but have read about what they do in Africa. They're doing a great job over there, God bless them!
I'll keep them in my prayers.

 
At 6:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi! Occasionally i love looking through through blogs --- IF i get time and when i have a good connection -- so the other day i came across yours. Do you have a link to Matt and Mel's blog?

Gracia SGA -- Pakistan

PS: ur kids are gorgeous

 
At 9:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always admired Matt and Mel's work. So brave. I'll pray for them to find a good team.
Their kids are absolutely darling!

 
At 5:16 AM , Blogger Czech it out! said...

Pics from your brother's visit at http://svitani.blogspot.com/2007/08/matt-melissa-davida.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home